8.19.2007

A good dose of nostalgia

We just got back from the airport. And watching so many Filipinos flank the airport, so giddy about going home made my feelings of nostalgia and homesickness all the more worse.

I feel miserable and I want to go home.

-sigh-


I curse the night that my dad told me he's going to send tickets for me to come back in december. I've been haunted by the thought ever since. A day hasn't gone by that I haven't thought of coming back. Every night while I lie on my bed, waiting for sleep to come, I've always envisioned my homecoming. I've fancied myself stepping down the airplane... going through the customs... hugging both my father and brother while choking back tears of joy... then eventually surprising everyone I know that I'm back. I've kept dreaming of the countless hugs I'll be both giving and receiving and the warm smiles that I would be greeted with. The many pasalubongs I'll be dispensing and the catching up to do with my old friends. I could only smile at the thought of this. But nothing thrills me more than surprising them both. I've already imagined it a lot of times, as odd as it may sound. Coming up to them and surprising them both when they come out of class, hugging them both as if we haven't seen each other in a millenia. Oh, the possibilities are just boundless. Though the future is rather bleak for me, the thought of going back home is probably the only thing that makes me look forward to the next day with as much zeal as I could muster.

I really can't wait to go home.




No comments: